A national energy supplier was facing an increasingly dynamic market environment and radical technological changes. The goal of our client was to be able to react appropriately to the challenges resulting from digitalization and renewable energies in the future. To achieve this, a central innovation management system was to be set up that bundles all the Group’s activities relating to innovation.
The goal was the conception of a central innovation center organizational unit as well as the internal coordination with the executive board and relevant departments.
- Development of an innovation strategy for the Innovation Center as a basis for a subsequent coordination process with the group’s executive board and other stakeholders
- Support in the design and discussion of a structure for the Innovation Center including functional groups and their interaction
- Moderation of the coordination of interfaces with other organizational units and specialist departments
- Support in defining the staffing plan and required job profiles
- Coaching the management of the innovation center in the operational management of the initial set-up phase (goals, work packages, key topics, reporting)
- Support for the integration activities of employees, process methodology and innovation tools that were previously distributed in other corporate divisions
- Holistic strategy for future-proof innovation management at the corporate level
- Definition of required capabilities of the innovation center
- Breakdown of the main capabilities and description as functional areas within the Innovation Center with tasks and objectives in a matrix structure
- Definition of the required number of positions and job profiles
- Coordination of roles and interfaces in interaction with other organizational units
- Coaching and relief of the executives during the set-up phase of the Innovation Center
- Systematic transfer of the previous organizational units into the new structure.