Our client, a nationwide provider of renewable energies, was facing the following challenge: in order to achieve the set business goals, the very broad spectrum of acquisition and customer loyalty measures that has grown over the years needed to be better aligned with each other and with the needs of the defined target groups. However, this lacked a sound understanding of customer needs and expectations, as well as the actual customer experience (“customer experience”) at the cross-channel, digital and non-digital touchpoints. Therefore, the following questions had to be answered:
- What specific expectations do customers have at the respective touchpoints of the customer journey?
- Where do gaps exist today between customer expectations and the customer experience along the customer journey?
- How can the customer experience be improved to meet customer expectations?
- Structured derivation of customer expectations at the individual touchpoints of the Customer Journey.
- Detailed recording of the customer journey from the perspective of prospects, new customers and existing customers based on relevant use cases. This was aided by the GP+S Consulting team going through relevant parts of the customer journey itself (e.g. consultation in the service center, contract conclusion at the hotline, …)
- Mirroring of customer expectations with the actual customer experience at the individual touchpoints and identification of existing gaps
- Definition of action areas and concrete next steps for measurable optimization of the customer experience
- Inclusion of GP+S expertise from comparable consulting projects (best practices from the energy industry and other industries)
- Involvement of all relevant areas (marketing, sales, customer management, customer service, IT and process management as well as executive management) in the optimization of the customer experience
- Systematic recording of the current customer experience from the perspective of the most important target groups and clear documentation of the entire customer journey.
- Creation of a uniform understanding within the company of customer expectations along the customer journey
- Identification of gaps between customer expectations and experience at the individual touchpoints, and demonstration of the impact on acquisition, customer loyalty, and retention goals
- Break-down of corporate silos by involving all areas of the company that are relevant for improving the customer experience
- Identification and prioritization of concrete actions to create a roadmap with the goal of sustainably optimizing the customer experience in the area of conflict between profitability goals and customer needs.