Our client, a regional telecommunications provider, is the subsidiary of a regional utility group.
The company intended to examine new strategic business approaches in order to increase its contribution to earnings on the one hand and to help drive the digitization of the entire group on the other. In particular, synergy effects between the TC and energy sectors are to be exploited.
GP+S was asked to support the management in identifying these strategic business options due to its specific market knowledge in the energy sector and the telecommunications industry.
- Structured analysis of market and technology trends, both for the ITK- and the energy market.
- Identification of future challenges and opportunities for regional telecom providers, based on the findings of the analysis.
- Definition of necessary framework conditions for the design of business options, together with the customer.
- Identification and description of conceivable strategic business options in this context in a joint workshop and subsequent design rounds.
- Outline of the further procedure for selecting the identified development options.
- An aggregated picture of the relevant trends in the coming years and assessment of the challenges and opportunities that can be derived.
- Holistic overview of potential business options for the customer.
- Concrete strategic business approaches, designed in the form of fact sheets with a clear focus on the creation and development of further revenue potential (differentiated according to the customer segments Residential and Business Customers, Public Sector and Carrier2Carrier).