The goal of a leading international trade fair company was to examine the extent to which existing core competencies could be used to leverage additional business potential on the Internet.
Based on the company’s very diverse online activities and projects already underway, an overarching online strategy was to be developed for the next 3 to 5 years. In doing so, the following goals were in the foreground for the customer:
- Targeted alignment and integration of the already ongoing and planned online activities and projects under the umbrella of an overall strategy.
- Increasing the attractiveness of the existing core business through additional, attractive online-based services.
- Identification and review of further business potential in online business.
Conducting a comprehensive analysis of the initial situation and creating strategic development options.
- Analysis of the company’s digital presence
- Elaboration of a trend analysis in relevant technology and market fields
- Identification of action areas and business opportunities
- Development of strategic guidelines
- Creation of strategic development options
- Conducting a trend and strategy workshop with the business units involved
- Shaping the online strategy
- Detailed design of strategic development options
- Development of an evaluation grid
- Final formulation of the overarching Internet strategy
- Structured overview of relevant technology and market trends for the next three years.
- Specific courses of action derived from the trends as a basis for bottom-up-driven digital strategy development.
- Creation of a common understanding of the strategic opportunities and challenges in a product area under investigation.
- Summary of the pressure to act and well-founded argumentation as to why and which specific digital measures need to be taken.
- Focusing all stakeholders on the key levers and metrics in the current business as well as in new growth areas.
- Synchronization of strategic initiatives and thrust directions across all product areas.