A telecommunications company established itself as a high quality carrier’s carrier in numerous European countries, including Germany. Besides the development of the established business, the company planned to enter a new business segment. Objective was to address end customers directly with an IP/VPN service. Germany was chosen as test region for the new offering.
The client wanted to involve additional marketing and sales expertise and experiences to prepare the market entry and asked GP+S for support in developing the strategic approach and a feasible marketing and sales concept for the go-to-market.
- Verification of the existing concept for the planned offering (product portfolio, pricing)
- Identification of the most attractive market segments for the new offering and develop the market entry strategy for these segments
- Conduction of personal expert interviews with decision makers in the identified target segments (industry segments) to analyze and evaluate the decision criteria and requirements for an IP/VPN supplier
- Competitor analysis for VPN services in the German market and evaluation of the different pricing models in the market
- Development of a company and product positioning (value proposition) for the target market
- Development of a marketing communications concept with the objective to build up awareness for the company and its offering and to generate leads for the direct sales force
- Focused and efficient market entry through clear prioritization of the addressed market segments (defined industries and company size)
- Integrated marketing- and sales concept, synchronized and aligned with all departments involved, increased the impact of the go-to-market
- The intense discussions during the preparation phase of the marketing- and sales concept prepared the responsible client team to effectively plan and implement all further operational activities