A technology start up company, specializing in embedded information technology, has developed a new and innovative solution for mobile tracking of goods.
The funding of further development hinged upon an in-depth business plan that would substantiate the solution’s market potential. GP+S was asked to assess the European market potential for this specific solution through an analysis of secondary statistical data combined with interviews of potential target customers.
- Development of the analysis concept and scope in collaboration with the customer. Generation of hypotheses for the application scenarios and the corresponding target segments: logistic companies with highly sensitive and/or perishable goods
- Determination of the number of companies in the relevant segments based on research and evaluation of secondary statistics; evaluation of the number of European shipments suitable for monitoring by the client’s solution
- Assessment of competitive offers and differentiators
- Design and execution of a primary analysis: telephone interviews with shipping companies in several segments: validation of market potential, review of technologies currently in use, assessment of the attractiveness of the client’s concept
- Deduction of market potential and market adoption rate forecast